Climate Justice & Refugees
Workshop by Piotr Działak
VENUE: Day School
SESSION 1: 11:30 – 13:00
SESSION 2: 14:00 – 15:30
(max 20 participants)
Using a Power Point presentation and group work followed by common discussions, we will be dealing with the following topics:
- Climate Justice
- Connecting the dots between Climate Change, environment, migrations and conflicts
- Migrations caused by Climate Change, poverty and war
- Who ‘deserves’ a refugee status?
- The reality of migrants in the Global South
- Fortress Europe and Fortress Australia
Cases worked with in the groups and discussed in common:
Bangladesh, Chad, Ecuador, Kiribati, Myanmar, Sudan, Syria (depending on the number of participants).
Coordinating Teacher at DNS - The Necessary Teacher Training College
Piotr Działak teaches cross-curricular subjects within the fields of geography, social science, history and pedagogy at DNS – The Necessary Teacher Training College.
He is also the coordinator of Peace Justice Conference. Contact him at email@example.com